Some networking problems:
I am hooked to my campus ethernet network.
While running windows, I get tremendous throughput loading pages, doing
ftp, etc..now in netscape in linux, I am getting throughput no higher than
3.5k/sec and then it starts dropping, and stalls out..goes back up to
3.5/3.6 and drops slowly to 3.0, 2.9,2.8..etc then stalls out..
any ideas?  I am using an AMD K6-II 350 overclocked to 400, 128 megs
SDRAM, an SMC EtherEZ 8416 NIC, mandrake 7.0
. Also, I had the same problem as I thought the others did...I try to
telnet to my machine from somewhere else, and it says connected...I wait
for the login prompt, it hesitates and then the connection is dropped.
I know I should edit my /etc/inetd file..what should I make sure it has to
be able to telnet in?
I just want to be able to telnet and ftp into my machine, s'all.

Thanks Valjean