Mohamed Saad wrote:

> Hello everyone...
> I have installed Mandrake 7.0 a week ago...
>  I just have a small question..
>  I heard things about Linux like "Rock Solid" and
> so...
> What i noted is that Mandrake 7.0 crashes just like
> Windows!!! Yes... Its crashes are much less than
> Windows! but.. It crashes!!! It crashed about 4 times
> this week!! (windows crashes at a rate of 3 times/day!
> so Linux is better!)

Wow..Windows crashes 3 times a day?? What are you doing with it??

I run Windows 98 in a business and leisure environment..I find if I give
it a little TLC once a week (Clean out old folders, ditch any cached
stuff I don't need, de-frag..all while I'm sleeping!!) it rarely gives
me any problems. The only tim I get problems is when I've caused it by
trying to make it do something it can't.

I can't say anything about Linux yet..I'm still at the 'playing with it'
stage..though I've noticed that Netscape does tend to like to hang
around, even when you try and close it down!!

Are there any options to Netscape for (decent) web browsing? I never
liked Nutscrape..I came to the PC around the time IE4 hit the streets,
and I've always found it a lot easier to use

Cheers

Andy