On Thu, 11 May 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Any ideas on getting WP and SO to peacefully co-exist?
>    Several more full installs of Mandrake-Linux 7 has determined that Word
>Perfect and Star Office will not co-exist.  Clean installation configurations
>(fresh wipe and install, with no alterations and no other RPMs) show either
>alone will install, but together (installing them in either order) they
>corrupt X windows [both are from the RPM CD included with the Mandrake 7
>deluxe package].
>    An "update" install to correct X windows hangs at "writing RPM database".
> What is the correct method to refresh X windows [it's obvious that what I'm
>doing is not the way]?          Gary Prichard

This is strange to me. I have a machine that runs both WP8 and SO5.1. And
yes, in Mandrake 7.02. But I did not do anything with RPM's on these
programs, I downloaded the tarballs and installed them from there.
Perhaps that would make a difference?

Paul

Also do usual things unusually well

)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(