James McLaughlin wrote:

> Well I am a gamer..and I have a seriuos question fer ya
>
> Were you the same gentleman on this list that got Q3 working under a
> non-3DFX card....or am I mistaken...cause I gave up and spent $70 on a
> V3-2000 PCI so I can work with Dual Monies and start playing some seriuos
> games on linux  UT here I come!!!
>
> :)
> Kat

No... I've just been trying to figure it all out.  I've never played
Quake until now, I'm playing Quake II on an ATI 32MB Rage Fury card and
I'm not getting very good results.  I'm able to play, but only on a
small window (640x480 max).  Is this because I'm not using 3dfx?  What
about Quake 3, can I play that on a Voodoo 3 card?  Or should I wait for
drivers for the Voodoo 5?  How does that V3-2000 work with Quake?
What's the rest of your hardware like?  I'll be building a new computer
in the next month and I would like to pick parts that will be able to
handle games as well as work.

Any suggestions would be great!
Mike =)
--