Dear All, Thank you everyone who gave me wonderful advice. Unfortunately
I found out that my CD rom is not bootable. In the Bios setup it shows
that it is an option but a technician told me it is not anyway. My Bios
setup is C,A,SCSI. Should not that be changed to the floppy first and
how do I do that? I am a true newbie and have not done much on the Setup
screen. Also, may I install by graphical installation or text
installation through MS-DOS? I have made the floppy for graphical with
rawrite but how do I do it for text installation? I have already done
the partitions with Partition magic and I have Bootmagic installed.
Those applications seem to be OK but I cannot get the Linux boot disk or
Linux Installation CD to boot the installation screen so that I may
install Linux. In other words I have bootmagic and partitionmagic on and
the next step was to boot up so that I may install Linux through the CD
next. Linux is not installed yet. May I install Linux another way such
as text installation through DOS without uninstalling bootmagic or
partition magic? I appreciate your help with this. I have contacted
Linux-Mandrake support days ago several times but I have received no
answer. I have looking through everything that I can find in
documentation and other Linux sources but have not found the answer yet.
I appreciate anyone's input. I do have a Pentium 200 MHZ with 2 IDE hard
drives one with 2.5 gigs and the other with over 8 gigs. I have 96 megs
of memory and everything else should be compatible from my research. As
a reminder my hard drive is already partitioned through partition magic
and Linux is not installed yet. Thank you very much for your
help.Sincerely, Marcia