Be SURE you have the correct field highlighted, move to it as necessary,
usually <TAB>.  If <F1> shows you the correct set of choices, you know what
is possible and the sequence you will see when you actually change values.
Clear this help info, try <F1> key again, then you will find that the <PgUp>
& <PgDn> keys (or whatever) will move the sequence one step at a time [often
<PgUp> moves down & <PgDn> increases the value].  Set the boot sequence to
A:, (CDROM if avail), C:, and (SCSI doesn't matter if you don't have this
type of drive, OK to leave it last if you don't have an option that doesn't
include it).  When the value for "Boot Sequence" is the way you want it back
out of the CMOS page, usually <ESC> and "Exit Saving" the new values.  The
dialogue box will ask if you actually want to  write the new values to the
CMOS, with a "N" entered as default.  Enter "Y" that you actually want to
save, and the CMOS will begin the POST check from scratch again, this time
seeking A:.  If your Mandrake floppy is in the floppy drive and the CD is in
the CD drive it should put you directly into the install.  The white on black
messages you will first see are a normal part of Linux booting, and will let
you know whats going on.  Some may fly by, but the CD ROM takes a while and
things will seem to stall for 10 seconds or so.
    Good Luck!  Keep us posted.
    -Gary-

In a message dated 7/1/2000 7:57:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,