On Sat, 1 Jul 2000, Marcia Waller wrote:

>that it is an option but a technician told me it is not anyway. My Bios
>setup is C,A,SCSI. Should not that be changed to the floppy first and
>how do I do that? I am a true newbie and have not done much on the Setup

Usually when you have moved the block-cursor to the option you want to
change, you can change the value of it by pressing Page UP, Page DOWN, the
grey + or the grey - keys.
There is, however, no "standard" in boot sequence. I usually have it set
to C/A/CD/SCSI (different Bios), because that way I can avoid errors in
booting when I left a floppy in the diskette drive. :)

>screen. Also, may I install by graphical installation or text
>installation through MS-DOS? I have made the floppy for graphical with
>rawrite but how do I do it for text installation? I have already done

The easiest way to get that done is to boot into MSDos (not inside
windows, that is) and make sure that you have access to the CDrom.
Then you change to the CDrom (d: or e: or whatever drive letter you have
assigned to it). From there you go to the folder \dosutils\autoboot. There
you can run "autoboot.bat"  which should get thing going for you.

>I appreciate anyone's input. I do have a Pentium 200 MHZ with 2 IDE hard
>drives one with 2.5 gigs and the other with over 8 gigs. I have 96 megs
>of memory and everything else should be compatible from my research. As
>a reminder my hard drive is already partitioned through partition magic
>and Linux is not installed yet. Thank you very much for your
>help.Sincerely, Marcia

I hope this helps
Paul

--