On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, John T. Seebold wrote:

>I tend to prefer WindowMaker.  You can run Gnome or Kde within it, and it
>seems to handle multiple desktops better.  Just an opinion though, as I
>imagine most of the window managers have avid supporters of them out
>there. (is anyone really nuts about Kde?  just wondering...)

Not nuts about it, but it does what I want, in a good and stable manner. I
have not decided on a W.M. yet. I like blackbox, but it lacks sound
support (yes, I do like the peeps, pops and honks, no matter how you
laugh), so that's out. Looked at IceWM which is nice, has sound too, but I
have not been able yet to find where I can customize that (sometimes the
standard sounds seem to go bezerk on my SB64awe).

Paul

--
Who cares more for information than for inspiration,
prefers elevators to wings.

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403