----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Weaver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] ISP

> Adrian,
>
> If you want to get a non-winmodem you'd better hurry up and get one
> cause I think there's but one company left making them. I hear that soon
> there won't be any. I believe 3Com/USRobotics is still making them, but
> for how much longer is a mystery.

Mark
   Where did you get this mis-information?
   3Com has said that the will stop making modens but there will still
be many companies  making hardware modems.
   Actiontec
   Zoom
   Hayes
   Best Data
   Pace
   Various multis such as Creative and Diamond.
And these I,m listing just off the top of my head.

   Charles  :-)