RE: [newbie] I can't detect my modemIf the rpm will fit on a floppy you can
copy it there, and then copy back to your linux partition. If you are using
FAT16 or VFAT for windows, or NTFS with an NTFS-read-enabled linux kernel,
you can simply mount the windows partition and pull it off directly.

Floppy in linux (assuming you formatted the thing in windows):
su to root,
mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy
cd /mnt/floppy
cp [rpm-name] /root
cd /root
rpm -Uvh [rpm-name]

For the hard drive partition, you need to know where it is, if it is on the
first drive it will be /dev/hdaX where 'X' is the linux ext2 partition
number, usually (i believe) 5 or 6. If anyone has a reall quick and easy way
of figuring out what partitions reside on an unmounted hard drive, I love to
know!

Assuming it's /dev/hda6:
cd /mnt
mkdir /winpart