Please don't make the same mistakes that I did, pay no attention to what
windows has the modem set on.  Do a less /proc/interrupts and find out which
irq you have available, for me it was irq 5.  If it's a pci mdoem, then do a
less /proc/pci and then find your modem.  It should give you the port in
there, possibly something like 0xdc00 or something like that.  Finally, do a
'setserial /dev/ttySx port 0xdc00 irq 5.  Remember to change all of the
information in this setserial line to your specifications and you should
have no problems.  My USB was trying to use the same IRQ as my modem and I
was getting the same "modem is busy" message that you are.  Hope this helps.

---pez