[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I received an email a while back about them getting a port for AOL on Linux,

> then there was a whole bunch of hype over it, but now nothing. Im still
> looking out for this, if anyone knows any info on it and could tell me id
> really appriciate it.
>
> ~Lance
===========================
Sorry I have no info for you Lance.  I haven't used aol since 1995.  I do have
a suggestion.  Why not try a local ISP in your area for an internet
connection.  You'll probably pay somewhere in the range of $15-$17/mo. for
service, with never a busy signal or disconnect.  And ALMOST all of them can
work with no trouble with linux.  true you'll have to change e-mail addresses
if you drop aol, but you could always be [EMAIL PROTECTED] and just let
all of you contacts know, just before you drop aol.  [Write to everyone in
your addressbook]
        I think you'll find you get better service, at lower cost, and no waiting for
service for linux.  Hey, then you won't have to boot into windows as often
;^)
Just my US$.02 based on my own experiences,
Mike

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
        -Benjamin Frankilin

http://home.netscape.com/webmail