Several years ago aol was worse than it is these days.  They have updated
their network and line availability [I regularly connect at 50,333, sometimes
better but never lower than 49,666 and the program seldom needs to try a
second phone number to connect] -- the "aol cuts you off" problem is somewhat
better (it used to cut me off when replying to e-mail online, now it checks
you and if you are typing it doesn't cut you off).  -Gary-

In a message dated 9/17/2000 7:34:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,