> from my own carelessness or, for lack of a better word, my own stupidity.
> I did my homework, asked questions (and listened to answers), read books,
> absorbed how-to's, went to websites, etc.

I prefer to call it "my ignorance"...except for the stupid times :-)

> LM 7.1 has found my printer (Canon BJ-6000), my soundcard (SB Live), my

Did you have any problems with volumn on your SB Live card?  I was
talking to a neophyte Linux buddy of mine yesterday and when we
installed 7.1 for him it recognized his SB Live card just fine.  But
he reported to me yesterday that he has no control over volume and
that it's LOUD!  He's tried kdemixer and tried turning the volume down
in xmms.  Neither seem to affect the volume?  Any ideas?

I hate these problems that I've never had...then again, not having
them is good too :-)

Cheers --- Larry