On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, you wrote:

yeah   the way the sounds work here is a bit strange.   I have CrystalClear.
For the kde sounds system,  it plays all the kde sounds.  cant hear any of the
other sounds such as space sounds.   If I turn the volume all the way up   the
kde sounds blast through the speaker but the other sounds I can barely hear it.
like it turned way down.  Sounds doesnt work at all in Gnome.  CD plays just
fine, but it blast if I dont turn the volume down but then again   I wouldnt be
able to hear the space sounds.   Maybe MDK will fix that on the next versions.

Rob