> Yes, but what happens as more people notice the free tanks? Slowly their
>  numbers gather and they become easier and easier to notice. Not seeing
>  them would be like being next door to Woodstock and not noticing anything

Maybe more important would be a changing environment that made owning a tank
more useful than in the past.  This is what's happening in the world me thinks.
 Not only are the advantages of multiuser/multitasking OSs emphasized by the
Internet age, the people who are buying computers/software are coming from a
generation that have been pounding on keyboards since they were 5.  The fact
that the station wagons flip upside down on a daily basis with the attempt to
make them tank-like by their manufacturer (let's face it, before Bill tried to
make DOS multi-tasking it was pretty solid) doesn't hurt the trend :-)

Cheers --- Larry