In the U.S., support for Mandrake is supposed to come from the distributor -
Macmillan.  After purchasing the Deluxe version of Mandrake 7.1, I went through
the process of getting the Macmillan support ID number, etc.  Never heard from
them at all.  I also noticed a phone number available for a very limited number
of hours -- but the printout says there is no support offered by phone.

My installation problem turned out to be a common one, experienced by other
users.  It was legitimate, but not difficult for someone familiar with the
specifics of verision 7.1.

Why don't they simply set up an installation troubleshooting web site, instead
of a registration process they cannot adequately respond to?

Robert