Mandrake Folks:

Just to clarify my comments regarding Mandrake installation support --

After experimenting with several Linux distributions, I tried Mandrake 7.1 and
found it to be far superior.  I am using 7.1 in a school setting where there
are 25 networked machines in a lab, and multiple networked workstations in the
classrooms.  At this time, about half of the machines are running Mandrake 7.1
I set up new workstations continually.

The principal of the school is running Mandrake 7.1.  When I get a call saying
that she needs help because "it won't print" (or some such), I must solve the
problem (stress).  Previously, the students were using W95 with Powerpoint,
Word, etc.  The Mandrake version of Linux has held up well in a setting where
350 kids are already fairly computer literate.  They expect a lot - things
must work.

My comments regarding installation support were made as a Mandrake "fan" -
not a detractor.

Robert Maynord