>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 10/14/00, 6:02:27 AM, Larry Marshall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
regarding Re: [newbie] Opera Beta:

> Is there anyone who's a Netscape fan (grin)?  It still holds the title as
> being the only application capable of crashing my Linux system and it
> kills itself on a regular basis.

> What are the smart people using?  While I haven't gotten Opera's rpms to
> open up, finding out that it's not an open source product has cooled my
> thoughts of using it.  Is there life without Nutscape?

> Cheers --- Larry

Just back from a mini-vacation and muddling through tons of email <giggle>
and felt the need to answer this. I guess you could say that I am a Netscape
fan -- I use Netscape 4.75 with Mandrake 7.1 on a DSL (yes I have an
excellent firewall ;-) ) and only when I am doing about 10,000 things at once
does it freeze up on me and not nearly as often as when I used it on Windoze.
I work from home for a dot com company and having a good browser is essential
-- unfortunately I can only use Netscape or IE when accessing them to enter
my info so I am kind of stuck -- Mozilla didn't work with them and I haven't
tried Opera yet but am certainly willing to give it a try. I also use the
Star Office browser which is pretty good too -- not for work <sigh> but for
my browsing needs.

Have a wonderful day :-)

Patti -- Registered Linux user #186411