> I have d/l'd Opera, Netscape 6, and Mozilla and find that I can not
> install Opera due to wrong architecture, and the other two flow like

If you want to try this, download the tar file instead.  I dont know
what's going on with their rpms but you've bumped into what's a common
problem there.

> molasses in January. They are so slow to load anything that I feel like
> I have timewarped back to the good old dos days and booting with floppys

Haven't wasted my time with NS6.0.  It's true that Mozilla loads
slowly.  Truthfully, most betas will load more slowly (often by a
lot) than true releases as they're bloated with developer code.  On the
other hand, who cares when it comes to a browser.  Load it, stick into one
of your windows and leave it there.

> one found the fix for the wrong architecture thingy in Opera? I have

See above.

> are twitchy and crash frequently. I hope that the final releases are
> better for speed in Linux than what I see now, or have I missed

One of the things I see regularly is people's unfamiliarity with
beta-test software, both in terms of expectations and interpretations.  I
guess it is pretty unique for most people working in Windows to see true
beta-apps with all their trace code, dead code, etc. still hanging inside
them.  With Windows you get to beta-test after you buy it and the bloat
there is more a matter of programming taste than anything else.

> something in the install? Linux makes everything but the mozilla prog
> run faster so something is amiss.

Only your interpretation and expectations of beta software.

Cheers --- Larry