On Thursday 30 November 2000 16:26, you proffered:
> I have mandrake 7.2 download version installed
> with apache 1.3.14 along with apache mod perl
> I can't seem to bring up my website
>
> it ran under 7.02 with apache 1.3.9
> but this time it says this:
>
> unable to connect to server:
> (TCP ERROR:xp_get builtinstring:7105 not found)
>
> this also happens when I try webmin
> and : https:localhost:10000
> whats wrong...can't figure this one out

Kit:
This helped me...
<snip> Someone suggested That I
>replace the welcome to localhostsplash page which the apache puts up
>initially; they said it was located at home/httpd/html. No luck with that
>either.

On Mandrake systems (7.2 included), the httpd DocumentRoot directory is in
/var/www/html so make sure your pages are under that, i.e.
/var/www/html/webpages/index.html, which would then be called in the
browser by http://yourip/webpages/index.html
--

-michael-
RLU# 175480