Rick,

what "is" a Pavilion? I've never heard of one of
those. Laptop? desktop? what kind of sound card is in it? Mandrake 7.1 has
a lot of support for a lot of hardware, and I'm told that 7.2 has even
more. Now...as far as sound cards go RedHat has even better sound card
support then does Mandrake. I came from RedHat to Mandrake. I cut my Linux
teeth on RedHat, but then I saw Mandrake for the first time, (Mandrake
7.02) I fell in love all over again.

I had better printer support in RedHat till I got my Canon Bubblejet. And
that was a little dicey but I'm stuborn and refused to let the
"features" get the best of me. I tricked it into thinking the printer was
something else other then a BJC6000. For a while anyway. The only programs
I can't print from now are Pine and a few of the more generic text editors
that I use. Printing from them though isn't really a necessity and if I
need to print an email I just export it to Netscape Messenger which prints
it just fine.

--
Mark

/ * Sometimes it becomes necessary to rock the boat
  * in order to get the rats up from below decks
  * so they can be kicked over the side and drowned!
  *
  *     REGISTERED LINUX USER # 182496
  */

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 Rick Commo had this to say!