sure, why not.

I have a voodoo5.  I use the drivers from http://linux.3dfx.com.  They
have a very nice step by step on that website with the files that you
need right there.  Here are my major steps.

1. download files:  in my case those are:
        tdfx_dri-4.0.1-1.i386.rpm
        tdfx_drm-1.0-3.src.rpm
        Glide_V5-3.10-2.i386.rpm

2. remove all rpms related to Glide or 3dfx

3. exit X (I boot to init3 so I just log out of windowmaker and I am at
a command prompt.) and log in as root.

4. cd /etc/X11 and change name of existing XF86Config-4 file to
XF86Config-4.old

5. rpm -Uvh Glide_V5-3.10-2.i386.rpm

6. rpm -Uvh tdfx_dri-4.0.1-1.i386.rpm

7. rpm --rebuild tdfx_drm-1.0-3.src.rpm
Sometimes I have to --force and/or --nodeps one of the three packages.

8. cd /usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i686   rpm -Uvh tdfx_drm-1.0-3.i686.rpm

9. cd /etc/X11 and change all settings in XF86Config.dri.ex to reflect
the entries in XF86Config-4.old (specifically monitor refresh rates,
mouse settings and font paths) then cp XF86Config.dri.ex XF86Config-4

10. startx (at which point everything works theoretically)

Doing this breaks some of the neat things that mandrake does and some of
the applications that are installed.  Fine with me as long as I can play
Quake3!  Hope this helps Paul.  Feel free to ask more questions if there
was something you were interested in that I missed.

Abe