Alternatively, assuming you have a directory called "mydir for myprogram"
you could do things like "cd mydir*myprogram" and "chown myname:mygroup
mydir*myprogram".

The only time I run into this is with guys at work who use Windows
programs to create mp3s and don't choose the option in the program
(assuming the Windows program has one) to convert spaces in the song
titles to underscores.

Holly