-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Vicar In A Tutu
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2001 3:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] audio software recommendations please - the more the
better

My dear, dear fellows, I have a question which I would very much like
answered thoroughly, extensively and possibly off-list to avoid generating
excess traffic (this address is also on the Discordian egroup, and the
postings of the two mix in a way inspired by Eris herself.
The question is: what about audio software? (Yes, what about it?)
Audio software. There is no need for me to start raving and ranting about
how detestable a turd Microsoft WinThroes are; however, some very decent
proggies were written for the platform. Cubase. Fruity
Loops. ReBirth. Rubber Duck, which is my absolutely favourite TB-303
emulator. Kindly relate all the information you consider relevant - you
would oblige me incredibly. I would really like to find out what noise one
can make on a Linux box. Don't point me towards Macs and BeOS - I haven't
got a bloody Mac, nor do I need one; BeOS runs black and white and
horribly on my video card, and for this reason it, too, hardly deserves
any of my attention at the moment; I'll consider it when I become
obscenely rich and invest in a new box. So: audio software for Linux,
please. All kinds. Http and ftp links to sites with rpms and cvs links a
preference, but anything goes. Thanks in anticipation, and may the hodge
and the podge be balanced in you all in the name of Eris and Saint Eddie
Izzard, amen!

Pope Mickey the 23rd, Zee Blue Rat Ov Kaos, Patron Saint Of All Runaway
Eggdrops, Messenger of Discord, Offender Of The Faith.