I'm with you on that, Richard.  But then, I don't have a "production"
system.  My current setup is to have a /, a /backup, and a swap
partition.  Everything that's truly important gets copied to /backup
regularly so I don't have to reset everything if I do a reinstall at the
next Mandrake release.  (Or if I go brain dead and try another distro
instead.)

--
Digital Wokan, Tribal Mage of the Electronics Age
Guerilla Linux Warrior