On Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:04, Martin Cleaver wrote:

> products. Star Office launches the entire office suite. If MS Office
> did the same it would need to launch Word, Power Point, Excel, etc.,
> etc. You are not comparing apples to apples.
>
> Ineed, but I would much rather just load and launch e.g. Star Word
> alone, as I don't want or need the rest. Few people need more than
> one or two of the apps ever, and certainly not at the same time! :-(
>
> Rgds
>
> Martin

I believe that StarOffice 6, which will be based on OpenOffice code
and is due later this year, will be componentised and less monolithic.
This means that you should be able to load only what you want, not the
entire suite at once. Also, the StarOffice desktop will be dumped in
favour of GNOME integration, although this shouldn't stop users of
other environments from using it.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson