That's Mandrake's way of keeping new users from making grave errors.
I've left it in place since I have made the mistake and the alias rm="rm
-i" saved my butt.
You can either remove it from /etc/bashrc or if you want to override it
on a per-use basis, type "\rm annoyingfile" (backslash overrides
aliases).

--
Digital Wokan, Tribal Mage of the Electronics Age
Guerilla Linux Warrior