Meph Istopheles wrote:
>  This one bothered me too (read "drove me nuts") till I finally
>looked in ~./.bashrc.  It appears MandrakeSoft chose to make an
>alias for rm to rm='rm -i' which is for interactive.  I suppose
>to gear toward the total 'puter newbie.
>
>  You can either remove the alias or, as I'd done, switch it to
>rm='rm -f' which is for force, ie, no questions asked.
>
>  Meph

     Thanks Meph.  It drives me nuts too.  The problem is that I use
several users, for different purposes.  Since they are all me, they all
want the usual Unix response to "rm."  It's annoying to have to edit every
single ~./.bashrc.  Where do I find the "global" or "master" .bashrc file,
so I can get rid of that interactive nonsense once and for all?  I found a
bashrc (without the dot in front of it) in /etc, but this didn't contain
any of that alias stuff.  When a new user's home directory is created,
presumably the new .bashrc file is copied from some master .bashrc file
somewhere, but where is that?  Is that the one I should change to get real
rm for all users?

                                                     DRX