FWIW -

I tried accessing an ntfs partition via my Mandrake 8 install and some thing
wound up corrupting the partition so that I was able to read it from linux
but win2k no longer recognized it's own partition...

I decided htat if I wanted access to my files on the win partition that It
would have to be fat32.  Since I re-installed with a fat32 partition I have
had noproblems writing files as well...

Ed

--
Ed Kasky