On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 09:27:53PM -0700, Ed Kasky wrote:
> I tried accessing an ntfs partition via my Mandrake 8 install and
> some thing wound up corrupting the partition so that I was able to
> read it from linux but win2k no longer recognized it's own
> partition...
>
> I decided htat if I wanted access to my files on the win partition
> that It would have to be fat32.  Since I re-installed with a fat32
> partition I have had noproblems writing files as well...

Mounting a NTFS partition read-only should be safe. However, when I
set up a dual-boot configuration with WinNT/2000 I always generate a
FAT partition for exchanging data.

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Kranz            Linux Information Systems AG
Software Engineer         Fon +49 (0)30 72 62 38-18         Ehrenbergstr. 19

Linux-Trainings bundesweit - Termine unter http://www.linux-ag.com/training