On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 01:57, tazmun wrote:
> > Hi Romanator,
> > I did download the new version of drakfont,however,i could not install
> > any windows fonts (i have win2k on NTFS).How can i mount an NTFS partion
> > ?.
>
>  Yes how do we mount an NTFS partition since I had the same problem.  I
> tried to mount it on install but it kept saying there was some sort of
> error and the only solution it provided was to erase the entire drive!
> Needless to say, I was not amused.
>
> Tazmun

Kernel support for NTFS in read/write mode is not yet complete, and is
considered to be experimental. I would advise against doing that. However,
mounting an NTFS partition in read-only mode is safe, and can be done with
the following command:

        $ mount -t ntfs -o ro /dev/hda1 /mnt/ntfs

Replace "/dev/hda1" with your NTFS partitin location and "/mnt/ntfs" with
your chosen mount point. The "ro" denotes a read-only mount.

You can mount your drive at startup via your /etc/fstab file.

The Mandrake installer (Drakx) only recognises NTFS versions 4 (as used in
NT4) or below. Versions 5 (as used in Win2K) and up are not supported by
Drakx, but may be mounted after the installation.

--
Sridhar Dhanapalan.
                -- Jeremy S. Anderson