John wrote:
>> VM is dearest by miles.  Not sure of this one - seems to be similar
in CPU demand to Windoze . <<

I think they have a version called VMWare Personal or something like
that. I saw it on their Web site. It is a "lite" version of the full
VMWare that gives you, I think, just one virtual computer, whereas the
expensive version lets you have a bunch of them. There are other
differences, but for a single user it seemed to do the basics--let you
run a real version of Windows without leaving Linux. I think the price
was US $90 to $99.

You do, of course, have to supply a copy of Windows if you want it to
run under VMWare.
 --Judy Miner