Hi folks,
This may seem like blasphemy, but might also be a sane solution for
those who try it and it just won't go...................

It appears I can either:
1. Spend untold time hoping for a fix ( a week spent looking so far!)
2. Buy a lot of new stuff ( what do I do with the old?)
3. Quit and go back ( not an option!! :-)  )
4. Compromise....... Win4Lin or VM or WINE or XP86 whatever it is.

The most logical move financially and timewise seems  Win4Lin or
similar.
Anyone with handson experience of any of the above I would appreciate
your help.

WINE is free. Can't get any sense out of it as far as applications
etc go - except I just found that it is what runs Websphere on
Linux!!   ( I have it)   Have no idea how to test it or run progs
under it.

XP86/BOSH . Not able to comprehend it either, Civileme says it has
promise, but I could not find out anything usable about it on its
Site.  Also Free.  No idea how to run/test it either

VM is dearest by miles.  Not sure of this one - seems to be similar
in CPU demand to Windoze .

Win4Lin  is around $80.  Seems to be a simple gui install.Claims to
do everything one could need  - IF stuck with Windows apps.

I apparently am.
I NEED Voice Dictation.  Am going nutz fighting M8 without it now.
M8 wont talk to my Sound.
I NEED either FrontPage 2000 or the Windoze version of Websphere at
least. - the Linux/wine version is too cut down and painfully
slow.....  The GNU ones are too stripped down no extras.
I NEED decent onscreen fonts - I work loong hours on the screen.
I NEED GOOD printer output.
I NEED a Scanner

--
Cheers,

John
http://counter.li.org GO HERE IF YOU SUPPORT LINUX!

Fablor is now Webhosting?? What on earth for??
Info here: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(it's only an Autoresponder)  :-)