I too have had some very strange problems with LM 8.0.

My desktop took an inordinate amount of time to load the system with the
installer pausing in the middle of program loads for 20 or 30 seconds. It took
about 3 hours to load.

With my laptop, the software update manager does not work properly, and the
network connection disappears and re-appears at random.

I have posted to this list but have not had a reply.

None of these problems existed in LM 7.2. I built my CD's using Adaptec programs
on a WinNT 4.0 system so the CD's may not be burned properly. I did the same for
my LM 7.2 and had no problems though...

I think I will re-load 7.2 on the laptop and upgrade individual systems as
required.

Lots of luck... Tom.