well, this looks like my opretunity to see if I am filtered. I believe you
must have some services running that you should not or at least do not need.
you are not running a server as much as a desktop at this time? what happens
when you log into a different console (ie; ctrl+alt+f4 or any f1to6) as root
and type "top" with out the quotes?

if you ain't even gonna read it why should i type it?

On Thursday 26 July 2001 18:26, you had thoughts to the concept of:
> Hi folks,
> Well, I purchased the official M8 Powerbox ( to avoid any problems
> with install) - in Oz it costs twice the price of USA - $140
> After two weeks of at least half a day every day - asking for and
> getting great support here, it seems time to call a halt .
>
> The distro install is definitely deteorating - like my adrenalin
> reserves :-)

detereroating?
deteorating?
ahhh, getting worse?