Ok, this is my first installation from a tar.gz file,
so it's all a bit complicated.

I decided to take on a nice easy simple installation
that would really help me - imwheel - which enables
the wheel on your mouse.

So, I managed to gzip and then tar, which created a
directory. I cd'ed into the directory and then did
./configure, which made a makefile.

When I type make I get this error

entering directory
/home/adam/download/imwheel-1.0.0pre1
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -g -02  -c jax.c
In file included from jax.c:2:
jax.h:22: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
jax.h:22: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
jax.h:22: X11/Xresource.h: No such file or directory

Then I get Error1 and it leaves the directory -

any ideas?

And incidentally, is there a way to copy some of the
session from Konsole, so that I don't have to type it
in the email?

Thanks in advance

Adam
ps remember, I'm only 3 days into Linux - !! hehe