        From:   Adam Cripps [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Saturday, September 15, 2001 11:41 AM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        [newbie] Installing software problems

        Ok, this is my first installation from a tar.gz file,
        so it's all a bit complicated.

        I decided to take on a nice easy simple installation
        that would really help me - imwheel - which enables
        the wheel on your mouse.

        So, I managed to gzip and then tar, which created a
        directory. I cd'ed into the directory and then did
        ./configure, which made a makefile.

        When I type make I get this error

        entering directory
        /home/adam/download/imwheel-1.0.0pre1
        gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..  -g -02  -c jax.c
        In file included from jax.c:2:
        jax.h:22: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
        jax.h:22: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
        jax.h:22: X11/Xresource.h: No such file or directory

        Then I get Error1 and it leaves the directory -

        any ideas?

        And incidentally, is there a way to copy some of the
        session from Konsole, so that I don't have to type it
        in the email?

        Thanks in advance

        Adam
        ps remember, I'm only 3 days into Linux - !! hehe

         << File: message.footer >>

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named
recipient. If you are not the named recipient please telephone/email
the sender immediately. You should not disclose the content or
take/retain/distribute any copies.

Norwich Union Life & Pensions Limited
Registered Office 2 Rougier Street
York YO90 1UU
Registered in England Number 3253947
A member of the Norwich Union Marketing Group
which is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority.
Member of the Association of British Insurers.

For further Enquires 01603 622200