If you want to easily do it the "Mandrake way", start up KDM or GDM and
choose your session manager to whatever you want at login.

The change will then hold if you subsequently choose to start up X via
"startx", after killing KDM or GDM.

If your machine is set to come up with X running, remove the
/root/.drakfw zero length file.

When X or your machine is restarted, it will give you the initial
X-Windows configuration screen where you can set your default display
and session managers.

Or you could do it the "experienced hacker" way and modify ~/.xinitrc

-JMS