Kaj Haulrich wrote:

>On Monday 22 April 2002 01:06 pm, Kirtis Bakalarczyk wrote:
>
>>First off i'm using Mandrake 8.1 Standard
>>
>>KDE is pretty sluggish so i decided to change to a more light weight window
>>manager.  So i downloaded and installed FVWM (on a side note, if someone
>>could recommend a better one that would be helpful.)
>>
>>Anyway FVWM installed fine so i restarted X and tried to log in with the WM
>>set to FVWM but it just starts up KDE like every other time.
>>
>>A little help?
>>

>XFCE and Blackbox are strongly recommended. If you've got the CD's, they are
>there. If not, try  :  http://rpmfind.net
>
>HTH
>
>Kaj Haulrich
>Denmark

>Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

In addition, on the CDs are fvwm, fvwm2, AfterStep, WindowMaker and
Enlightenment.--Our WMs are tweaked on the rpm to make a file for the
directory /etc/X11/wmsession.d   Look at the files there and you can add
your downloaded WM with a similar file, or you can download off the CD
in the first place.

And on the CDs is also Xtart.  A more recent rpm is at
www.civileme.com/SoftWare ...  If you start up in runlevel 3 (console
mode) Xtart will give you a menu of available WMs and allow you to
choose any one of them.  It was designed for people who like to
experiment with WMs and need a fast switch mechanism.  There is also one
that does not require leaving X, at least for some WMs, but it can leave
odd artifacts of the previous WM besides the open windows.

Civileme

But if you login at