I beg to differ.  At the school where I am a technology coordinator, we have
about half Macs.  Our new machines are PCs, so all of our Macs are pre 10.
Initially, when I was the tech coordinator, the Macs crashed hard and often.
Once, though, I learned how to make them run properly, they ran wonderfully.
In fact, i believe it has been at least 3 weeks since any of our 30 or so Macs
has crashed.  Usually, when they do crash, it takes just a simple reboot to
wake them up.