on 10/23/01 3:02 PM, Robert Pena at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have hardly seen Mac crash but as far as multitasking goes I
> get the impression it is slower than Linux and Windows.

What MacOS are you talking about, pre 10 or 10+? As a big time Mac fan I can
assure you Macs using 9 and earlier crash. They crash often, and they crash
hard :) They're less stable than Windows9x, which is pretty sad.

Also pre 10, Macs didn't have preemptive multitasking. Multitasking was up
to the software, not the OS. If a program doesn't give up his share of the
processor, everyone else is SOL. This is not the case for 10+.

Matt