Just to put in my two cents. I have three machines. A 1GHz which I use to use
for WindowsME is now a Linux box, WindowsME laptop which handles great and is
just for strict use no fun whatsover, and I picked up an iMac about a month
ago which the family enjoys mostly since it sticks out from the other two
machines and OS. My sister plays with it from time to time, but uses Windows
mostly. She doesn't care much for Linux until I installed the Aqua theme to
it but mostly doesn't really care about it. My nephew like me wants to play
with all of them. The only thing I have really used MacX is for home video
editing which by far is superior to Windows and Linux. Easy to use but lacks
the extras I can get from Linux and Windows.

Linux for the most part has been my playground and classroom. Just the week
before I got some good lessons from Professor Jose M. Sanchez and I have a
great ole time with it.

Basically, I have the best of all three and enjoy it all.