--- "Ricardo Castanho de O. Freitas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, quaylar wrote:
>
> So you better not run /etc/procmailrc!
> root privileges!!!
> Just make a simple one and copy to other users...
> much better than having
> a security 'hole'!

Then, how do I get this to work? Say I put a
.procmailrc in my home directory and another one in my
wifes.

The point of this is to filter the mail headers so
that mail addressed to me goes to my mailbox and mail
addressed to my wife goes to hers (we have different
addresses that get forwarded to the same email account
at my ISP).

Now, say I log in. I have a .procmailrc in my home
directory, so Linux invokes procmail. My recipe tries
to move mail addressed to my wife into her home
directory. I'm not logged in as root, so won't this
fail?

> >>Will this work?? The man page says nothing about
> /etc/procmailrc.
> >u sure ? and whats this then :
> >man procmail
> >"If no rcfiles and no -p have been specified on the
> command
> >line,  procmail  will, prior to reading
> $HOME/.procmailrc,
> >interpret  commands  from  /etc/procmailrc  (if
> present).
> >Care must be taken when creating /etc/procmailrc,
> because,
> >if circumstances permit, it will  be  executed
> with  root
> >privileges  (contrary  to  the  $HOME/.procmailrc
> file of
> >course)."
> >read more carefully ;)
> >--quay