Ralph,

I can see three possible approaches.

Approach 1:
The one you wrote here makes sense, but I'm not sure
what you meant below by  "export" both our mail
folders. She uses Kmail, and I use Evolution.

Approach 2:
Put the .procmailrc in /etc and have procmail run as
root, though I'm not sure:
1. how to invoke it, and
2. I don't know if procmail runs with root priviledges
anyway, and
3.if I have to setuid it and if this is too dangerous
from a security standpoint, not to mention
4. I don't know if a procmail recipe can put mail in
any folder I specify or if it has to be a subfolder of
{HOME}/Mail.

Finally, we have Approach 3:
Privacy is not the issue. It's just that we share our
email account. Under Win9x this wasn't a problam, but
since Linux really isolates one user from another,
when I get the mail it goes into my inbox and when she
gets the mail it goes into her inbox. I get mail
intended for her and vice versa.
  So, the 3rd approach might be to change the
permissions on the directory that fetchmail dumps the
mail into so we can both access it.

Is that easier than the symlink approach you
mentioned? We could each symlink our inbox folder to
where fetchmail dumps it? I haven't much experience
with symlinks, so I'm not sure how the permissions
would work.

However this ends up, I've been learning alot. Thanks.

-Paul

--- Ralph Slooten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Paul Schwebel wrote:
>
> > Then, how do I get this to work? Say I put a
> > .procmailrc in my home directory and another one
> in my
> > wifes.
> >
> > The point of this is to filter the mail headers so
> > that mail addressed to me goes to my mailbox and
> mail
.
.
.
> Yes, in my opinion this will fail miserably. The
> problem here is that you
> both receive mail via the same e-mail address
> (forwarded). There are
> probably several complicated ways to get this
> eventually to work, maybe by
> internally mailing messages accross, but this is of
> course a pain in the
> ass. 1 solution I can think of is to "export" both
> your mail folders, into
> a shared folder like /home/mail . In /home/mail you
.
.
.