Hi Dennis,

(OS - Mandrake 8.1)

Thanks for your response.

I used pop3 server and I repeated numerous configuration on Kmail settings
as follows ;
(I skip Sending Mail configuration which has no problem)

INCOMING MAIL

Account Type Pop Account
under  "General Tab"
Host pop.aaa.net (I also tried only aaa.net without  "pop")
Port  110 (defaut)
X   Store POP password in configuration file
(also tried deselect this item)
X   Delete mail file from server

Under  "Security Tab"
Under  "Encryption"
- blank all items

Under  "Authentication method"
Tried all items

Each time when I checked mail, following warning pop-up

I said "pass <your password>"
And then the server said
"-ERR authorization failed"

In another PC running Win ME, I configure Eudora with the same settings and
password.  It works fine without problem.

My Mandrake 8.1 was not very stable.  I encountered lot of difficulties to
install it from the CDs which were burnt from the ISO Images downloaded
from website (md5sum matched).   Now PS/2 port is still not working and I
have to connect the mouse to serial port.

Later I found "telnet" client command missing from "bash" and I have RPM
it.  But Kmail sitll could not download emails from ISP server with the
same warning pop-up.

 From Konsole window I typed "telnet  pop.aaa.net  110"  (also
tried  aaa.net without "pop") with same result as follows;

Trying   xxx.x.xxx.xxx ...
Connected to smtp01.aaa.net (xxx.x.xxx.xxx)
Escape character is  ' ^] '
+ OK  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

When I typed  either "login" or "password" it prompted

_ERR.  authorization first.

I tried to locate the log file but could not discover it.

Have you had any suggestion ?

B.R.
Stephen