Hi Derek,

Thanks for your response.

At 11:34 PM 11/13/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>I would not worry about that too much. Evolution is still not final code. It
>does crash sometimes.
>I would be more interested in what the output of the fetchmailconf test
>showed you.
>Derek

At time performing fetchmailconf test it was discovered that fetchmailconf
has not been installed.  I RPM it and performed following test:

Configuration
- Use NOVICE configuration
- Poll interval  0  (also tried   "3")
- Protocol  POP3  (also tried  "auto")
- Password and Login :- same as used in Win ME PC which runs fine
- Use SSL  (not selected)
- Check server SSL certificate  (not selected)
- Server   pop.xxx.net
- Processing options
   Suppress deletion of message after reading  (selected)
   Fetch old messages as well as new  (selected)

Fetchmail  Test  Result

fetchmail:  POP3<  +OK <11346  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fetchmail:  POP3>  CAPA\r
fetchmail:  POP3<  -ERR authorization first
fetchmail:  authorization first
fetchmail:  POP3>  USER  satimis \ r
fetchmail:  POP3<  +OK
fetchmail:  POP3>  PASS * \ r
fetchmail:  POP3<  -ERR authorization failed
fetchmail:  authorization failed
fetchmail:  authorization failed on [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fetchmail:  POP3>  Quit \ r
fetchmail:  Query status = 3 (AUTHFAIL)
fetchmail:  Normal termination.  Status 0
Done

I still can't discover the failure cause.  Netscape browser works properly.

B.R.
Stephen