On Friday 02 November 2001 15:21, you wrote:

> The one I'm really trying to get to work is XMMS.  Again, the beep
> works and XMMS plays the song, bars move up and the volume is 100% on
> XMMS and the speakers but nothing comes out.  Any information
> pointing me in the right direction or helping would be apprciated.

That happened to me once with xmms. I found out there is a setting
somewhere that sends the output to a file. I think it's called
diskwriter plugin or something similar. When I deselected that option,
I could hear the music again. Look carefully at all your xmms menus (or
maybe someone else knows what I am referring to and can tell you
exactly where that setting is located).