Thank you for your help. At least it is good to hear that someone did get an
Epson to print eventually in 8.1. I have been thinking of going back to 8,
but I think 8.1 is better for some other things. I even thought of doing a
dual boot with Windows 95 , for a last resort way to get a working printer
again. I just got rid of all of my cups and tried lpd but that is not working
either. I am sure this will get resolved eventually. Thanks for your input.
It may help me find an answer.

Sincerely,

Marcia