> Last year, this was the place and the flames were on the expert list.  This
> year, I would say try the expert list.
>
> I may start a list as well, but I am sure to be branded a Nazi for
> censoring it, and I would, too, because I believe there are adequate
> avenues for freedom of speech.  If I start a list, I will let you know.  I
> would not moderate it but I would insist on courtesy with removal for
> flames.
>
> Actually, this isn't that hot.  Try a RH list if you don't believe me.
>
> Civileme

Actually, there seems to be a slight increase of flaming here, but it is
definately not like a lot of lists out there.  I do think that, as a newbie
list, flames should be swollowed not passed on.  Sometimes it's just a
frustrated new user, flaming them back is not the answer.  But to be totaly
flame/troll free, moderated lists are the way to go.

civilme, thats a lot of work, but I would support it and join it if you chose
to start one.  As your one of the preimer responders to help requests,  I
think you would get much support.

For newbie list, I guess we should all try and remember when we first started
out with Linux (any distro).  When I started out lists were few, usenet was
the place...and there, flaming is an art form, even today.

deg
--
Two things are certain about science.  It does not stand still for long,
and it is never boring.  Oh, among some poor souls, including even

These people are the victims of their own stereotypes.  They are
destined to view the world of science with a set of blinders.  They
know nothing of the tumult, cacophony, rambunctiousness, and
tendentiousness of the actual scientific process, let alone the
creativity, passion, and joy of discovery.  And they are likely to
know little of the continual procession of new insights and discoveries
that every day, in some way, change our view (if not theirs) of the
natural world.

-- Kendrick Frazier, "The Year in Science: An Overview," in
   1988 Yearbook of Science and the Future, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
---
  6:44pm  up  2:35,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00